Scholarships & Financial Aid
An MBA is an investment in both career and future success. Prospective students are encouraged to contact their employers to determine if tuition assistance is available. Students who are not sponsored by their companies often qualify for loans and financial aid.
Resources to Help You Finance Your MBA
All applicants who apply are considered at the time of admission for awards ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 per semester; no additional application is required.
Community Partners Scholarship
The Community Partners is a full-tuition scholarship awarded to an admit who is active in community and volunteer organizations outside of their work responsibilities. In order to gain consideration for this scholarship, you must complete the following by October 1:
- Submit your application to the Professional MBA
- We require two letters of recommendation of all Professional MBA applicants. For this scholarship, please make sure that one of your recommenders is a current supervisor (or a former supervisor who still works at your company) and that another recommendation is from someone who represents an organization or charity/community event where you donate your time.
- Submit a short statement (no more than one page, double-spaced) describing your involvement in volunteer activities and why you decided to become involved.
After review of your application and your additional statement, if we feel you are eligible for the scholarship, you will be invited to schedule a face-to-face interview with a member of the Admissions Committee. Statements can be mailed to Illinois MBA Admissions, 3019 Business Instructional Facility, 515 E. Gregory Drive, Champaign, IL 61820 or emailed to email@example.com.
Several other scholarship opportunities are available to qualifying students:
The Dean's Scholarship program offers as many as eight scholarships to qualified applicants. Tuition scholarships may be awarded in varying amounts from 25% reduction to a full-tuition scholarship.
- Submit your application to the Professional MBA by October 1.
We Want You Back: The Illinois x 2 Scholarship
The Illinois x 2 Scholarship offers a 50% tuition reduction for the full length of the Professional MBA program. The scholarship is exclusively for University of Illinois alumni who meet the following criteria:
- Are admitted to the Professional MBA
- Hold a bachelor's degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Have a minimum of 30 months (2.5 years) of professional work experience
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
The College of Business is pleased to offer a scholarship for a student who works in the not-for-profit sector. See our scholarship application for additional information.
The College of Business is pleased to offer a scholarship for a student who has recently launched an entrepreneurial venture. See our scholarship application for additional information.
There are a number of sources for student loans:
Federal Student Loans are available to citizens and permanent residents of the United States. The annual amount available from FAFSA is $18,500. The FAFSA application can be completed online.
Access Group provides private and federal loans to graduate and professional school students. International students can also find loan information through Access Group under "Comprehensive Access Loan."
MBA Loans is a private program offered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The program is available to all students. International students must have a co-signer who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Get more information online or call 888-440-4MBA.
Personal Loans are available through CitiAssistÂ® Loans.
Other Sources of Financial Aid Information
There are several websites that offer assistance in locating loans and/or scholarship assistance. The University Library Reference Room also maintains a current record of private and public sources.